When using a cushion between the occupant and approved seat, this cushion is
have a maximum thickness of 50mm.
- Every seat occupants must be approved by the FIA ??(8855 Standards / 1999 or
8862/2009), and unaltered.
- Seats comply with FIA 8855/1999 standard:
Usage limit is 5 years from the date of manufacture indicated on
An extension of two years may be granted by the manufacturer and must be
indicated by an additional label. the seat must be used in accordance with the seat
manufacturer's instructions and with Technical List n°12. - Seats comply with FIA 8862/2009 standard:
Usage limit is 10 years from the year of manufacture.
The use of certified with the seat brackets is mandatory. the seat must be used in accordance with the seat
manufacturer's instructions and with Technical List n°40. If a foam insert is used between the pilot and the homologated seat, a minimum lateral support at the pilot's head, shoulders and pelvis must be guaranteed as follows NOTE FRANCE
- 230mm min. lateral head support following the plane of the head.
- 180mm min. to the lateral shoulder support of the seat following the plane of the shoulder.
- 100mm min. height to the lateral support of the basin of the seat according to the plan of the basin and on a length of 200mm min
This requirement must be verified using a parallelepiped template of dimensions X 200 x Y 150 x Z 100mm.
Application: All National and Regional events